Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I got my new shoes on

I love to wear new Tennis shoes, I know I am total dork. But there is just something about wearing a new pair for the first time that takes me back to my childhood. I love how bright and white they are. I will be so upset when someone steps on them or i get something on them (I am sure that will happen soon)I completely have a new spring in my step, and I completely feel like they could make me run really fast, that is if I ran. I feel tall and like I look athletic (now you know I am loosing it) but I just love it. I got these great new Asics tennis shoes about 3 months ago and could not decide if I wanted to keep them. I actually did not even try them on, I just got them and new i would try them out at home and decide if they fit. So I pulled them out a couple of months ago for about 20 minutes but i was going to the gym and kind of afraid to wear them while working out, because I had not fully broken them in. Today I decided was the day, my old ones are really looking bad and these were just calling me. They are white, pink, and grey so they are supper cute, and actually they are super comfortable. Especially considering today is the first time to wear them all day. I feel like singing that song that came out last year (I think) that goes "hey I got my new shoes on and everything..." (I do not know the rest or the other artist but I bet some of you know the song I am talking about.) So that is me today loving my new shoes, maybe they will inspire me to get out and start running, maybe not it is like 1,000 degrees outside today- you all know the only running I will be doing is chasing after Austin.

Speaking of Austin I forgot to mention he is getting like 4 new teeth. The one on the top left side-next to the front tooth) is showing and the front left one just started to break through yesterday. The two on the right are also really close so he is going to have a mouth full real soon. He is still not walking or really standing alone but boy is he fast at cruising the furniture and crawling. That boy will be up the stairs in about 2 seconds if we do not block them, and he loves to see me running after him. Whenever I am chasing him he will stop and look at me grin and then go even faster, he thinks it is so funny. Trouble I tell you trouble.

Ok and hear is my funny Allie story I forgot to mention the other day. We were all at Target and they had these Top Model barbies on Clarence, I made the comment that there was no way i would ever buy this for Allie that it looked like "Street Walker" Barbie, she immediately looked up at me and Heath and said- What's a street walker? Oh gosh think fast think fast- what to say, then Heath saved me by saying- she said she looks like Walker (ie Walker Texas ranger) Allie laughed and said no she doesn't and walked off. Saved . Anyways i am sorry if you let your daughter play with dolls like this but to me that is way to provocative- No way will I let her play with them. What happened to the nice barbie we used to play with? Maybe I just don't remember but I do not remember her wearing such little clothes. Oh well had to pass on this funny story.

No comments: