I hope you all are enjoying a great 4th, we are for sure. We actually started our fun last night. We went to Kaboom town again this year since they always do there airshow and fireworks on the 3rd. We have gone to this for several years and just parked in a parking lot however for the last 2 years we have been really lucky to be able to go to a friends business and hang out. They have a HUGE fenced in practice baseball field with fake turf so the kids are free to run around and we just bring a blanket and camp chairs and your cooler. They also always get a band, bounce houses for the kids, a face painter, and have drinks and hot dogs. Last year we did not know what to expect so we came completely unprepared (with a 1 month old in tow) but this year we brought it all and had my parents and Angie come with us too. Allie played so hard with her friends. The only problem is it is very hard to get out of the area afterwards so we just hung out and let the kids play some more. We did not leave till close till 11:30 and Allie was actually asleep less than 2 minutes into the ride (I am not exaggerating on that). We all slept in the morning she did not get up till 9:45 and Austin is still in bed- it is 10:45 people. I am so shocked. I think he is awake I keep hearing little noises over the monitor but he is happy so I am going to try and finish my blog.
Today we will probably go swim at my parents and then we are all going to a baseball game tonight and they will have fireworks after it is over. Should be a great long weekend. I hope you all are having fun. I just love the 4th, I love the patriotic music, being outdoors, and being around my family. I have great memories of our 4th of July as a kid and I hope I can do the same for mine. I am also so thankful today especially for what the 4th truly means. We are so blessed to live in a free country where we can worship what want, work where we want and everything else that so many others do not have. I realize the sacrifices of so many are still going on and I pray that one day they can all be with there loved ones. No matter your thoughts on this war I hope you all take time to be tankful for those men and women who are serving our country today, Freedom is not free and they are living examples of it. So my prayer today is that God would bless them and take care of those soldiers while they are away, and bring them home safe and sound. Hope you all have a great 4th and take some time to be thankful for the blessing of Freedom.
p.s. Austin is crying now-guess I better go.




1 comment:
We were at Kaboom Town too! So fun! Sounds like a great set up where you were. We might have to tag along with you next time! :) Ha Ha!
Post a Comment