Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Such a sad little girl

Today was Allie's last day at her school that she has been going to for almost 2 years. She was sad when she left her first sitters house and went to the new school but she was young and does not remember it, but today when I picked her up I had her get her blanket, pillow and bag that we usually leave at school. even thought we have been saying this was her last week I do not think it sunk in till that moment. Alot of her friends were not there and I asked her if she wanted to say by to anyone and she just kind of stood there looking around with this sad look on her face. By the time we got in the car the tears were coming and it was one of those cries that just goes from nothing to full on bawl in no time. I felt to bad for her that she was so sad. She told me that she did not want to go to her new school that she wanted to stay at her old one because she would not know anyone at big school. Now this is not true her closest friend is going to be in her class, and my aunt teaches at her school but she is scared and very nervous. We talked about it and I think she is feeling a little better but I can tell it has totally sunk in that she is going to big school and she is very nervous. I think once she gets going she will be fine but I am not sure how the first day will go. There may be tears and not just from me. We will just have to talk it up this coming week and pray for her and for the best.

No comments: