Monday, August 25, 2008

School Days, School Days, Dear ole golden rule days





Today was Allie's 1st day of kindergarten and over all she did great. She was not ready to wake up this morning, but honestly that is most mornings so nothing new there. I could tell she was nervous because when we got to school we had to go to the cafeteria before going to her class and she looked up at me and said "mommy are you going to leave" and when I said only if she wanted me to she said no and grabbed my hand tight. once in her room she went right to her spot at the table and just sat there very quiet. this is usually how I can tell she is nervous, she is not one to cry but she will clam up and not talk, so I helped her get settled and then left. It will be exciting to see what all she has to say when i pick her up today. I also did pretty good, no tears from me, I think yesterday I was more sad than today, today was just about getting her up and ready and being strong for her, if I got upset in front of her then she would have been upset also, so I stayed strong. I of course am sending some pictures, but hope all my other friends who had to drop there kids off are doing OK. For all of you that have not had to do this yet, you have a total range of emotions, happy, sad, scared etc. Oh well I have got let go some and know that she is in Gods hands and he will be watching out for her when i can't be. Talk to ya soon. Mer

1 comment:

Stacy - midlifearmywife.com said...

What a cute outfit and smile! Great first day pictures!