Austin turned 2 back in June and we decide to just do a birthday party at the house with family. I decided to do a cow theme since he is obsessed with cows these days. It does not hurt that we have a field of them not far from the house so he is always on the look out for them. We found a ton of cute cow things this past year at Target so Austin got some cow rain boots, a lunch box, a plate and bowl, a cow chair, and a cow with baseball clothes (similar to build a bear). I also made his cake again this year and put the cow face that was on his plate. I think it turned out pretty cute considering it was all free hand. I am fortunately to really enjoy being able to make the kids cakes. It is alot of work but I always enjoy it. So now that Austin is two here is what all he is into. He loves animals, any ball but especially baseballs, He has started to enjoy playing with puzzles and reading books but usually only for a short time since he is always on the go. He has also recently seen a few Thomas toys but for some reason he has decided that Thomas is not a train but any type of earth moving equipment. So if we see a dump truck, back hoe, fork lift anything, I hear Mommy Thomas, Mommy Thomas, over and over- it is really cute but I never realized how many construction sites were around out house until he pointed them all out to me. He loves to snuggle with me first thing when he wakes up of right before bed but otherwise he usually wants daddy, or just wants to go go go. He has started calling my mom Nina recently instead of Nana, even though he has always called her Nana in the past he will no longer call her that. He is 2 after all and knows what he wants and how to get it. He is still my Little man and I love being his mommy, having a boy is so different from little girls but I would not pass up one day with him.
As you can see by the look on his face, he was not to sure about the sand at first, but eventually figured it out and was covered by the time we were done. We actually had to strip he and Allie down outside and take them right to the bath.





1 comment:
LOVE the cow boots! And GREAT job on the cake! Very cute! Already 2 years old...hard to believe! Have a GREAT week!
Post a Comment