Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl

Wow, where do I begin 5 years ago today-actually right about this time (it's 10:57 and Allie was born at 11:14) you came into this world screaming and making your presence known. At over a month early we thought for sure you would be in the NICU you but no, you were a healthy 5 lbs 9oz. and only have to visit the NICU for about 2 hours just so they could monitor you. 5 years of joy, happiness, some tears but mostly lots and lots of love. I never really knew how much I could love one little person until the Dr. put you in my arms. Just the sight of you made my heart swell larger than I knew. You are such a blessing to our family. I really am finding it hard to find the words to express how much these 5 years have meant to me. I am such a different person because of you. You were the first to call me mommy, and your smile just melts my heart. I love doing stuff with you, going to the mall, shopping, playing and everything else. I do not know what I am going to do without my girl with me next fall. I wanted to include some pics of you, Allie so here goes:



I love that you can see how small you actually were in this pic. This was fathers day 2003.
Here you are on your 1st Birthday sharing cake with Your name sake (aka memaw)

Here you are in 2005 with the girls.

Here is 4th of July 2006- Nana and I made this outfit after seeing one similar in Gymboree for about $40.

This picture was taken in July 2007 and I know that look well, I just love how it looks like you are holding in a big laugh and at any moment it is going to come pouring out.

And here you are now a big 5 year old girl.

My how you have changed. I love you so much honey. I have loved you and will always love you. You may be a daddy's girl but you will always be my girl. Happy Birthday honey, love Mommy

No comments: