OK so as you can tell by the title Heath and I spent what would have been a great date night (his mom was in town) Saturday night, in the ER with Austin. He has this reoccurring ear infection, that gets better but I don't think goes completely away, in my opinion. So he had been on meds for 10 day and i forgot to refill the prescription last week until he started running a temp on Friday. I gave him the meds and Tylenol and he seemed to feel better later that day. His sleep was kind of fitful so i knew he was fighting the pain and fever and when he woke up Saturday it was up again, but again after meds he perked up some, although not as much as the day before. But we had stuff to do and Allie had a soccer game so off we went. After the game we went to the Mall with Heath's mom. Austin started to get pretty fussy before left and you could just tell he felt crummy by looking at him. By the time we got home he was burning up, I mean very hot to the ouch so I took his temp and kind of freaked out as I watched the number keep going up 101, 101.5, 102, ... up to 103.3. I took it again ant this time it said 103.5, I took it several more times and each time it only varied .1 or .2 degrees so i knew it was high. I called the after hours nurse line and they said to bring him in and that our Dr, preferred him to be taken to the ER and not an urgent care place so off we went. The Dr, checked him over- his ears were very red, did chest x-rays, and a flu and RSV test, all of which he HATED. It was one of those awful nights as a parent where you have to hold your baby down while the Dr's and nurses poke and prodded them and they scream at the top of there lungs, pretty bad. Then they gave him a shot of rocefrin (sp?)- which is a very painful antibiotic, and we had to wait to make sure there was no reaction. Right as they were about to clear us to leave we noticed Austin had 4 or 5 hives on him so he was having some sort of mild reaction. We then waited about 30 more minutes and they seemed to get better and no new ones showed up. The gave him Tylenol and Motrin to get his temp down to a manageable range and once it was were were able to leave. So 4 hours later we went home with a sick and worn out baby boy. Poor baby took a 4and 1/2 hour nap yesterday and was still falling asleep at dinner time. I just know tubes will be coming soon. So that was our exciting date night- I bet you can't top that one. Hope you all had a better weekend then ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm so sorry you guys were subjected to the ER!! Been there, done that too many times! I hope he's feeling better and if he has to get tubes, your life will be so much easier and the surgery literally lasts like 5 minutes. It's still hard, but it's really not a big deal once it's over and done with. Keep us posted! Have a GREAT day, Mer!!
I am so sorry to hear about the lil guy - bless your hearts for having to go thru that. How is he now? Good luck with it all.
We send our love -
The Chaneys
Post a Comment